OPEN FROM 1 OCTOBER TO 31 DECEMBER 2016.
Prerequisites and CriteriaWe distribute on an annual basis United Way and Tindall Foundation grants (as Fund Manager) in a number of regions throughout NZ. We provide grants to support operational expenses.
Organisations we fund:
Small to medium size Human Welfare charities physically located and providing direct services in one (or more) of the following locations:
Auckland - Please note that we have only a small amount of grant funds available for distribution in the Auckland region.
Canterbury (excluding Mid-Canterbury)
NB. A separate grant application is required for each region.
a) Charities Services registered
b) Have been in operation for minimum of one year
c) Provide with application professionally prepared annual financial statements (including Audit/Review statement) for the most recent financial year end
d) Have total annual operating expenses of less than $750,000 (excl GST).
Priority Areas for support are:
• Helping children and youth succeed • Strengthening and supporting families
• Supporting the vulnerable and elderly • Promoting independence and self sufficiency
Preference will be given to organisations that:
a) Are meeting highest local priority community needs
b) Are achieving a high level of positive change through measured outcomes.
c) Encourage a high level of volunteer involvement
d) If applicable, have completed prior year reporting requirements
NB. If your organisation has received a United Way/TTF grant for 3 consecutive years
(2014 to 2016) you may not be eligible for funding in 2017. Please email our Administrator at: Info@unitedway.org.nz to check
We do not Fund:
• Schools, government agencies, arts organisations, sports organisations, or national body/ head office on behalf of some or all offices.
• Fixed Assets or purchases, capital projects, sports equipment.
• Overseas travel
• Medical treatment
Determining eligibility for funding is at the discretion of the UWNZ Board of Directors. If unsure whether your organisation qualifies, contact UWNZ before completing the application. UWNZ reserves the right to close off applications at any time prior to the posted deadline date if the number of qualified applicants from an area exceeds the resources available.
Applications to be submitted via our website:
• A successfully completed application will generate an acknowledgement email confirming receipt.
• Please upload the most recent audited/reviewed year-end financial statements plus the auditors report or accountants review statement – pdf format preferred.
If you are uploading from an annual report please note that we only require the financial statements and Audit/Review Report.
• The closing date for 2017 applications is 31 December 2016. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
Only online applications will be considered.