Fill a Shoebox – Change a Child’s Christmas
United Way NZ are working to brighten Christmas for children whose families are experiencing financial hardship and we’d love a hand!
Our Community partners for 2020 Christmas are: Women’s Refuge, Budgeting and Family Services Centre (South Auckland), English Language Partners and Birthright (Canterbury)
It’s a simple proposition….
1) We provide the number of shoeboxes you request (min 20)
2) We provide lists of suggested gifts for different age groups
3) Your team fill the boxes with presents
4) We arrange the distribution of boxes to pre-approved charities
5) The shoeboxes are gifted to the children, often at a fun event for the family
6) United Way NZ report back to you with photos and feedback
For every donation of $10 we support you to provide a special present for a child in need, with a box to fill with gifts and links to community charities in your area. We appreciate donations of $100 or more (every $10 gets a box)!
Alternatively, if you want to sponsor a box of presents for the children for a donation of $50/box.
We’d be delighted if you’d join us to keep the magic of Christmas alive.
Please sign up below for more information about how you and your workplace can get involved.