United Way NZ Grant Applications are Open from 1 October to 31 October, 2020
At United Way New Zealand, we know frontline charities and not-for-profit organisations work hard to build healthy and resilient communities. That's why we are passionate about empowering all New Zealanders to support charities and not-for-profits within their communities. We would like to thank the 160 organisations and individuals have contributed donations to this year’s Community Grant.
United Way NZ invite small to medium community charities which meet the criteria to apply
Prerequisites and Criteria:
United Way New Zealand funds small to medium, community-based charities without large marketing or fundraising resources inhouse, providing direct services to whanau and individuals.
In the 2020 funding round we invite organisations to apply from the following regions: Auckland, Manawatu, Whanganui, Canterbury, South Canterbury, Otago and Southland. (Please note: A separate Grant Application is required for each region and amounts per region are subject to funds available.)
• Early Years Support
• Youth Development
• Accommodation / Housing
• Community Services
• Refugee, Migrant and Cross-Cultural Communities
• Skill Development / Training / Financial Literacy
• Charities Services registered and/or Incorporated Society
• Have been in operation for a minimum of two years
• Audited/reviewed annual accounts
• Pre-printed bank deposit slip
• Performance report for the previous financial year
• Regional charities meeting the highest priority community needs
• Achieving a high level of positive change through measured outcomes.
• Encouraging a high level of volunteer involvement
• Promoting independence and self-sufficiency
• If applicable, have completed prior year reporting requirements
Applications will be considered for project costs and operating expenses including: rent, utilities, salaries/wages. If your organisation has received a United Way grant for the last three consecutive years you may not be eligible in 2020/2021.
We Do Not Fund:
Schools, core early childhood education programmes, Government agencies, arts organisations, sports organisations, animal charities, fixed assets or purchases over $3,000, capital projects, sports equipment, overseas travel, medical treatment or individuals
1 October 2020: Grant Applications open and will only be considered after this time
31 October 2020: Grant Applications close at 5pm
March 2021: Applicants advised of outcome and funding distributed
This community grant is possible thanks to the generosity of the below organisations and their employees:
• The Tindall Foundation
• Otago Polytechnic - Charity House Project
• Mercy Hospital, Dunedin
• Trusts and family donations
• Employees who donate to United Way via workplace giving.
For more information or for a confidential discussion, please contact Heather Rankin, Grants and Financial Administrator via our Contact Us
Determining eligibility for funding is at the discretion of the United Way NZ Board of Trustees. If unsure whether your organisation qualifies, contact United Way NZ before completing the application form. United Way NZ reserves the right to close off applications at any time prior to the posted deadline date if the number of qualified applicants from an area exceeds the resources available.