Grant applications are open from 1 October to 31 October, 2020
At United Way New Zealand, we know that not-for-profit organisations work hard and give so much in order to build healthy and resilient communities. That's why we are passionate about connecting charities with financial support.
Prerequisites and Criteria: United Way NZ distribute financial grants on an annual basis. The amount in the collective fund for a region depends on the regional donations received by United Way. Donations are sourced from donors, businesses and The Tindall Foundation.
Organisations We Fund: We fund small to medium sized not-for-profit organisations, with an emphasis on those working in the heart of the community, providing direct services to whanau/families and individuals. In the 2020 funding round we invite organisations to apply from the following regions: Manawatu, Whanganui, Canterbury, South Canterbury, Otago and Southland. NB. A separate grant application is required for each region and amounts per region are subject to funds available.
- Early Years Support
- Youth Development
- Accommodation / Housing
- Community Services
- Refugee, Migrant and Cross-Cultural Communities
- Skill Development / Training / Financial Literacy
- Charities Services registered and/or incorporated society
- Have been in operation for a minimum of two years
- Audited/reviewed annual accounts
- Pre-printed bank deposit slip
- Performance report for the previous financial year
- Grassroots community charities
- Meeting the highest priority community needs
- Achieving a high level of positive change through measured outcomes.
- Encouraging a high level of volunteer involvement
- Promoting independence and self-sufficiency
- If applicable, have completed prior year reporting requirements
Purpose: Applications will be considered for project costs and operating expenses including: rent, utilities, salaries/wages. If your organisation has received a United Way grant for the last 3 consecutive years you may not be eligible in 2020/2021.
We Do Not Fund: Schools, core early childhood education programmes, Government agencies, arts organisations, sports organisations, animal charities, fixed assets or purchases over $3,000, capital projects, sports equipment, overseas travel, medical treatment or individuals
Online applications only will be considered after 1 October 2020. The closing date for 2020/21 applications is 31 October 2020.
Determining eligibility for funding is at the discretion of the United Way NZ Board of Trustees. If unsure whether your organisation qualifies, contact United Way NZ before completing the application form. United Way NZ reserves the right to close off applications at any time prior to the posted deadline date if the number of qualified applicants from an area exceeds the resources available.