Over the last ten years over 151 community charities have been supported by United Way in the Manawatu-Whanganui-Horewhenua region. This collective impact has mobilised over 9,101 volunteers within the community.
United Way New Zealand are currently inviting submissions for fund management opportunities, corporate/business sponsorship, payroll giving and donations to support charities making a social difference, for the 2019 Grant awards and for resources required for Manawatu-Whanganui-Horewhenua community groups.
United Way would like to thank The Tindall Foundation and regular individual donors for contributing to the United Way Community Funding in the Manawatu-Whanganui-Horewhenua regions.
This collective fund makes a real difference to the Charities, doing necessary community work for optimal social impact.
In the past couple of years United Way NZ has contributed to the following Manawatu & Whanganui Community groups:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters (Palmerston North)
- English Language Partners Horowhenua Kapiti Inc.
- Fielding Community Patrol (Inc)
- Financial Freedom Trust
- Horowhenua Kids Teens and Family Trust
- Horowhenua SuperGrans Inc.
- Housing Advice Centre (Palmerston North) Inc.
- Legacy Centre
- Levin Community Patrol
- Literacy Feilding Inc.
- Manawatu Multicultural Council Inc.
- Manawatu Rural Support Service Inc.
- Manawatu Toy Library Association Inc.
- Palmerston North City Neighbourhood Support
- Palmerston North Methodist Social Services Trust
- Palmerston North Street Van
- Parentline Manawatu Inc.
- SPELADD NZ Inc.
- The Free Store Charity Trust - Just Zilch
- Victim Support (Manawatu)
- Volunteer Resource Centre Manawatu & Districts
- Youthline Palmerston North (Central North Island)
- Converge Trust
- English Language Partners Wanganui
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Trust New Zealand
- Shine City Whanganui
- Victim Support (Whanganui)
Thank you to all of these charities who do so much for people in our communities