Over the last ten years over 151 community charities have been supported by United Way in the Whanganui & Manawatu/Horewhenua regions. This collective impact has mobilised over 9,101 volunteers within the community.
United Way New Zealand are currently inviting submissions for fund management opportunities, corporate/business sponsorship, payroll giving and donations to support local charities making a social difference.
United Way would like to thank The Tindall Foundation and regular individual donors for contributing to the United Way community funding in the Whanganui & Manawatu/Horewhenua regions.
This collective fund makes a real difference to local charities, doing vital community work for maximum social impact.
This year United Way NZ has contributed to the following Manawatu/Horowhenua & Whanganui community groups:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Palmerston North
- English Language Partners Horowhenua Kapiti Inc.
- Horowhenua Family Support Service
- Horowhenua Kids Teens and Family Trust
- Housing Advice Centre
- Just Zilch
- Legacy Centre
- Levin Budgeting Service
- LUCK Trust
- Manawatu Rural Support Service Inc
- Manchester House Social Services Society Inc
- MentorEd Charitable Trust
- Palmerston North Neighbourhood Support
- Palmerston North Women's Refuge
- Parentline Manawatu Inc.
- Te Roopu Oranga o Highbury Trust
- Age Concern Wanganui
- Birthright Wanganui
- English Language Partners Wanganui
- Life to the Max Trust
- Te Ora Hou Whanganui
- Victim Support Whanganui
- Wai Ora Christian Community Trust
- Wanganui District Employment Training Trust
- YMCA Central
Thank you to all of these charities who do so much for people in our communities